This is our work horse snath. Although not nearly as beautiful or traditional as the timber snaths, it is very strong. In fact for the blackberry blade, we only recommend metal snaths due to heavy duty nature of this blade and the power that can be exerted with it.
The handles are made of wood. The position of the handles is adjustable to suit the height of the user. They can also be turned to the direction required depending on whether you are using a right handed or left handed blade.
As with any tool with wooden parts, the wooden handles need to be kept conditioned by rubbing over after use with an oily rag.
- If you are shorter than about 160 cm (5 ft 3 in), choose the Short snath (130 cm)
- If you are between 158 cm to 176 cm (5 ft 9 in) tall, choose the Standard snath (150 cm)
- If you are between 176 cm and 188 cm (6 ft 2 in) tall, choose the Long snath (160 cm)
- If you are between 188 cm to 196 cm (6 ft 5 in) tall, choose the Extra Long snath (170 cm)
- If you are taller than 196 cm, choose the Extra Extra Long snath (180 cm)