Freshly pressed juice is wonderful, but has to be consumed right away otherwise it starts to deteriorate. However, if you want to preserve your juice for the leaner times of the year, you can prepare it in a steam juicer. This process pasturises the fruit. It is also wonderful for making clear juices for making jellies such as quince and apple jelly. Or you can make your own fruit cordials, knowing that they are preservative free. It is the fastest way I know of to deal with a glut of fruit.
The 3 part steam juicer sits on your stove top with water in the bottom section and the fruit in the top section. The juice collects in the middle section then can be siphoned off through the hose.
- Stainless steel
- Interior and exterior, polished
- Encapsulated aluminium sandwich base
- Stainless steel hollow handles
- Glass lid with stainless steel rim and knob
- Diameter 25 cm
- Volume of fruit basket is about 8 L
- Volume of juice receptacle is about 3 L
- Wall thickness 0.6 mm
- Base thickness 2.5 mm